Ten fictional women who I think are awesome.
(Meme gacked from sp23
, who gacked it from shipperx
, who gacked it from sdwolfpup
01) Modesty Blaise
02) Sister Fidelma (heroine of a series of historical detective novels by Peter Tremayne)
03) Machiko Noguchi a.k.a. Da’dtou-di ( Prey, Hunters’ Planet
, & War
by Steve and Stephani Perry)
04) Amanda Garrett (Choosers of the Slain, Stormdragon, Sea Fighter
, & Target Lock
by James Cobb)
05) Niles Etland (The Demon Breed
, by James H Schmitz)
06) Charity Selborne (Madam, Will You Talk?
by Mary Stewart)
07) Hu San-niang (The Water Margin
08) Emma Peel (The Avengers
09) Viconia DeVir (Baldur’s Gate, Baldur’s Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
, & Baldur’s Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal
10) Yu Shu-lien (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
, played by Michelle Yeoh)
Narrowly missing out were Jaheira, Ellen Ripley, Vi the Vampire Slayer, Ilona Costa Bianchi, Eowyn, Tara, several Mary Stewart heroines from other books, and Beatrice (Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing
). Buffy disqualified herself in an alley leading to the police station.